CrystalCoat™ can be mixed according to weight or volume. Our preference is to measure by weight, for optimal accuracy.
- BY WEIGHT (g or oz): Mix 4 parts Resin to 3 parts Hardener.
- BY VOLUME (ml): Mix 3 parts Resin to 2 parts Hardener.
- Temperature should be between 18-25 deg C (64-77 F) & humidity level below 70%
- Use a clean mixing cup. Place the cup on your scales and zero the scales.
- In this example, we are using 8g of Resin to 6g of Hardener.
- Start with the hardener. Pour and measure your 6.00g (ideally your scales will have 2 decimal places as shown in the picture).
- Zero the scale again.
- Pour the resin into the same container, (measure 8.00g).
- Mix thoroughly. When you begin stirring, the mix looks milky for a few moments, then begins to clear.
- After approximately 3 minutes, your mix will be ready to use.
- Pour your mix onto a foil tray.
- CrystalCoat™ has minimal bubbling. If, however, you see a few bubbles, wait a moment and roll the mix from side to side, or gently blow and the bubbles will disappear